Yesterday I put up a photo of a super easy beehive hairdo, on my instagram and facebook pages and had a few requests for a tutorial. So here it is! It’s not perfect and the quality is a bit rubbish – but I blame both of these things on having already had 4 failed filming attempts on my camera before resorting to my phone.
Here’s a basic step by step:
- Scrape your hair back in to a ponytail. The higher you tie it, the bigger the beehive. I tend to sit my roughly in the middle. Remember that the back underneath of the ponytail will be on view, so try to keep it neat and smooth out any bumps.
- Use your thumbs and index fingers to make a hole underneath the hair elastic and create a pocket.
- Begin stuffing the ponytail inside of this pocket from the bottom up. Try to spread the hair evenly across the top of your head, so you don’t end up with a massive lump in one spot.
- You can then manipulate the top part to make it even on both sides
- Tidy up any strays around the neck and pin with a bobby pin
- Use a flower, bow, clip etc to cover the hair elastic/pocket.
- Smooth over with hairspray to get rid of any flyaways.
I hope this is helpful! Please feel free to comment with any questions and I’d love to see how you get on!!